Thank you to our launch-day sponsors
2015 September 23
by Brandon Rhodes
Our launch-day sponsors this year — those organizations that have already pledged support toward keeping PyCon affordable for as wide a range of attendees as possible — are from a broad array of fields that illustrate just how widely Python is used in today’s world:
- Our launch-day Diamond sponsor is the Caktus Consulting Group, a Django consultancy who not only supports the PyCon conference but who built our new site! Their designer Trevor Ray drew upon the colors and depths of the Portland skyline for the site’s look, while their engineers made numerous back-end feature improvements that will help our volunteer staff.
- At the Platinum level are two sponsors.
- Our launch-day Gold sponsors range from household names and social media giants to small startups and consultancies who create custom solutions for a wide range of customers:
- Already listed as Silver sponsors are:
For more details, see the detailed sponsor descriptions on our Sponsors Page. We look forward to seeing every one of these sponsors at the conference.
In the meantime, the PyCon volunteer staff will be busy rolling out new information about the conference every week here on the site as well as on our social media accounts — so stay tuned!
- September 28 — Call For Proposals for talks, tutorials, posters, and the Education Summit
- October 14 — Registration opens
- October 17 — Financial aid application opens
- November 30 — Tutorial proposals due
- January 3 — Talk, poster, and Education Summit proposals due
- January 18 — Financial aid applications close
- January 31–February 10 — Financial aid grants awarded
- February 22 — Talks, tutorials, posters, and Education Summit schedule announced
- May 28–29 — Tutorial Days
- May 30–June 1 — Main conference plus Expo Hall, Job Fair, and posters
- June 2–5 — Sprints