Change the future

Traveling to Santa Clara

By Air

Santa Clara's primary airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport (airport code SJC). Flights from everywhere to Santa Clara can be found by using Kayak. The hotel/convention center does not offer shuttle service, but more group transportation information can be found here.

SFO and OAK are farther away but still within striking distance (1-2 hours depending on time and day and method of transport). Even though these airports are far away, it may be worth for some who are looking for cheaper flights. It has been suggested by locals that from SFO you can take CalTrain to San Jose and then get on VTA. From OAK you can take BART to SJ and the the VTA again.

Further information on SFO airport can be found here.

Further information on OAK airport can be found here.

By Car

Use this link to Google Maps.

If you are interested in giving a fellow Pythonista a car ride or if you are looking for information on carpooling to the event, click here.

By Rail

The Amtrak terminal serving Santa Clara is the Santa, CA - Great America terminal (Amtrak Station Code: GAC). The terminal platform is located at:

5099 Stars & Stripes Drive
Under Tasman Drive Overpass
Santa Clara, CA 95054

By Bus

Greyhound's closest bus terminal is in San Jose:

70 S Almaden Ave.
San Jose, CA

From Abroad

International travellers should bear in mind that the US requires a visa for visitors from most countries. More information on visitor visas for business / tourism can be found on the US government website. If you're lucky enough to be a citizen of a visa waiver country, you may not need a visitor visa to enter the US. However, you will need an ESTA authorization.

Nationals of Canada or Bermuda may also be exempt from the visa requirements.

Invitation letters: Visitor visa applicants may need letters or other documents indicating the purpose of their visit, evidence of funds to cover accommodation and food, and so on. The PyCon organizers are happy to provide an invitation letter if you need one; we do suggest, however, that you check with your local embassy or consulate, as requirements differ from country to country.