2:30 p.m.–3 p.m.
Server Log Analysis with Pandas
- Audience level:
Use iPython, matplotlib, and Pandas to slice, dice, and visualize your application's behaviour through its logs.
- Will include live Notebooks and actual server logs!
- Introduction to iPython Notebook (3 minutes)
- Code and prose and matpolotlib interleaved
-pylab inline extension
DataFrame (3 minutes)
- How indexing works (to filter data)
- Loading data (including datetime indexes) (3 minutes)
- You have to get your data into CSV or Python tuples yourself
- Histograms to show request size distribution shape (3 minutes)
- Scatterplots to show changes in proportions over time (5 minutes)
- e.g. Comparing CPU vs request size, before and after a release
resample of discrete events to create a line graph (5 minutes)
- Using percentiles to show service levels. Your slowest requests may not
be common, but they're very annoying for users and could cause an