Django Templating: More Than Just Blocks
- Audience level:
- Web Frameworks
March 10th 10:25 a.m. – 11:05 a.m.
Django's template language is designed to strike a balance between power and ease of use; learn how to use this balance to create awesome looking websites. This talk will cover the basics and best practices of Django templating, from custom tag and filter creation, to the finer points of template rendering and loading, and even to replacing the default templating engine itself.
Harness the power of Django templates to help present your data with ease! Learn about:
- Basic block formations, common patterns, and using includes wisely.
- Tips and tricks in using the built-in template tags and filters.
- How to make custom tags and filters: examples, what you should and shouldn’t do, and tools to help the process such as django-classy-tags.
- Different ways to load and render templates.
- Replacing Django’s default template language: pros and cons