45. Apache Cassandra 1.0: faster, more powerful, easier NoSQL
- Audience level:
March 11th 8:35 a.m. – 8:40 a.m.
The Cassandra distributed database has added many new features over the past year based on real-world needs of developers at Twitter, Netflix, Openwave, and others building massively scalable systems.
This poster will explain some of these use cases and give examples of data modeling and code in Python. I will be happy to answer questions.
Cassandra architecture basics
- Bulletproof reliability
- Best-in-class support for multiple datacenters
- High-performance storage engine based on Bigtable
- Constant contact
- Time series data
- A/B testing
- The Pycassa Python client
- Hadoop, Pig and Hive for analytics