Talks: PyScript and the magic of Python in the browser
Saturday - April 22nd, 2023 1:30 p.m.-2:15 p.m. in 355DEF
A year after its announcement, PyScript is a very different project. From major performance improvements to great plugins, PyScript applications allow a new way to create fun and educational opportunities that were not possible until now. This talk summarizes the work done over the past year, and what you might expect in the future.
In this talk I will:
- Give a quick overview of what PyScript is
- Talk about features and changes introduced this year:
- Support for the blazing fast MicroPython interpreter
- Much improved Pythonic Dom interface
- Improved support for data
- Execution in web workers
- Many amazing plugins!
- Much more…
- Show how to create PyScript applications [running on the browser] and leverage the new possibilities that the web and the browser provide to the Python ecosystem
- Live demo amazing [PyScript] web applications running Python on the browser
- Give you a sneak-preview of some upcoming features
What should you expect?
Fun! Yes, I promise we’ll make it fun :) To walk away with a good understanding of how to write a PyScript application To have an understanding of what parts of Python on the browser are different then “regular Python” See snippets and examples that you can use to build your own PyScript apps
Why should you care?
Python on the browser is the new frontier of Python. You’ll have the chance to learn more about it, how to create your own Python apps on the browser, and see what’s coming.