PLEASE REVIEW THE HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES BEFORE REGISTERING TO ATTEND PYCON US.
NOTE: PyCon US is partnering with ShareMy.Health to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for safe attendance at our event. More information about the vaccine verification process will be available soon on the conference website.
You can access the registration page by logging into your us.pycon.org account and heading to your dashboard. Your dashboard will be the place to go to view your registration. You will be able to add events or book your hotel if you choose not to do so during your initial registration.
PyCon US trusts you to self-select a fair registration rate:
- Corporate Rate — If your company is paying for you to attend PyCon US, register at the corporate rate. You will help keep the conference affordable for everyone, especially students and those requiring a travel grant. Government employees should also register at the corporate rate.
- Individual Rate — If you are paying for yourself to attend PyCon US, feel free to come as an individual. Employees of non-profits might also choose to register at the individual rate.
- Student/Academic Rate — This rate is for full-time students and academics. If you are employed in a school or university, you qualify for this rate. However, if the funds available will allow for the Individual or Corporate rates, please select accordingly.
- Online Rate — This year, we are offering the online attendance option. This rate is for those who wish to attend PyCon US 2023 online to watch a live stream of the general sessions and talk tracks. Online registrants will access the PyCon US live stream through Hubilo. The live stream will take place on Mountain Time/US, see what time that is for you.
- Patron Rate and Patron Online-Only Rate— If your company wants to support PyCon US and the PSF mission, select this rate. The patron rate includes the conference ticket along with logo recognition on the Patron wall at the registration desk onsite.
|Online Only||$100 USD|
|Patron Online Only||$1200 USD|
Note: Tutorial registration is not included in regular conference registration prices. Tutorial registration will open in February 2023. The cost will be $150 per tutorial per person.
Be sure to opt in to receive PyCon US 2023 News for notification when tutorials launch!
Note: Children are welcome to attend with a legal guardian. Both people should be registered for the conference and have badges. The legal guardian should be with the child at all times and the child should never be left alone at the conference.
What does my registration payment go towards?
Your registration payments help us keep PyCon US registration tickets reasonably priced. Registration costs go towards offsetting costs for catering, audio visual, recording, internet, and other miscellaneous costs. By offsetting those costs, we can offer attendees reasonable registration rates and offer a travel grant program to those that need it.
Furthermore, the revenue that PyCon US generates is used to run the Python Software Foundation. The Python Software Foundation runs PyCon US, gives out over $300k in grants per year to Python groups around the world, houses critical community infrastructure such as PyPI and python.org, and launches programs like the CPython Developer in Residence. To read more about what the PSF does and its finances, check out the 2021 Annual Impact Report.
What’s Included in my registration?
Sponsor Presentations and Summits - April 19 - 20, 2023
- Morning coffee, break refreshments, and lunch is served each day
- Sponsor Workshops are sessions provided by our sponsors. Registration is required for these workshops and will open in February 2023
- Many summits are held during PyCon US; some are closed attendance and some will be available for registration in February 2023
Opening Reception - April 20, 2023
- Refreshments will be served
- The Opening Reception is the official opening of the PyCon US Expo Hall where our sponsors will be available to speak with.
Main Conference - April 21 - April 23, 2023
- Breakfast, morning coffee, break refreshments, and lunch are served each day
- General Sessions - enjoy our Keynote Speakers during these sessions
- Talk tracks - over 90 sessions to choose from (no additional registration is required to attend these sessions)
- Expo Hall
- Open Spaces
- Lightning Talks
Job Fair - April 23, 2023
- Lunch is served
- Visit with the many companies that have employment opportunities to offer
Sprints - April 24 - April 27, 2023
- Morning coffee, break refreshments, and lunch is served each day
- Sprint projects will be available on our website closer to the event
Note: Please indicate in the registration process how many days of sprints you plan to attend.
We can provide you with an “Invitation Letter” to support a United States visitor visa application. The letter can be requested once you have a fully paid and confirmed conference registration. The letter confirms that as a registered delegate, you are invited to attend by the Python Software Foundation (PSF) and the PyCon US 2023 committee.
Once you have a confirmed, paid registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- Registration ID
- Full Name
- Passport No.
- Date of Birth
- Passport Issue Date
- Passport Expiry Date
Listed below are the hotels PyCon US has contracted special rates with. When you complete your registration for PyCon US 2023, you will be able to book your hotel reservation through our official housing bureau, Orchid Events. This is the only way to get the conference rate listed below, so we recommend booking as soon as possible while supplies last!
- Salt Lake Marriot Downtown at City Creek — $229 USD/night (plus tax)
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center — $209 USD/night (plus tax)
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City - $229 USD/night (plus tax)
More information can be found on the Venue and Hotels page.
To learn more about Travel Grants for flights, hotel, and registration to attend PyCon US, see the Travel Grant page.
Policy for Transferring Registrations
Corporate transfers: We accept ticket transfers between attendees that are from the same organization at any time. If you need to transfer a ticket to your colleague, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include the information of the person you are transferring to. Their email address domain should match your work email address domain.
Individual transfers: Individuals may request ticket transfers by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 7, 2023. Please include the information of the person you are transferring to and have the person cc’ed on the email so we know they are aware of the transfer. If payment needs to be changed, there will be a $50 transfer fee. We trust that as a member of the Python community you are transferring your ticket in good faith and for the amount it was paid for.
Note: If you have a hotel reservation tied to your account, please let our registration team know if you want to cancel or change it. Reservations cannot be changed or canceled on your behalf after April 5, 2023 - you will have to contact the hotel directly to make any changes. Refer to your hotel cancellation policy which may differ from the PyCon US cancellation policy.
For our international guests: if you are denied a visa, or denied entry to the United States, please contact us and we will refund your registration — in full, and without a processing fee.
Registration cancellations must be submitted by email and received by April 3, 2023 to receive a refund less a processing fee of $50 ($25 for students; waived for cancellation due to health reasons). No refunds will be granted for cancellations received after April 3, 2023, unless you must cancel for any health-related reasons (see more details under Attendance in the Health & Safety Guidelines). Donations, including the t-shirt donation, are not refundable.
If you are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19, prior to the start of the conference or on any day of the conference, we ask that you do not attend PyCon US. Please contact us and we will exchange your ticket type for an online ticket.
Please email cancellation notices and ticket exchange requests to email@example.com
If you have questions or issues with registration or hotel bookings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org