Financial Aid Information/FAQ for PyCon 2011
PyCon has a proud tradition of offering grants and financial aid to assist people from all over the world to attend PyCon. This year is no different, although the structure has changed a bit.
The Python Software Foundations is pleased to announce that there is an expanded set of grants to help people attend PyCon 2011. If you would like to come to PyCon but can't afford it, the PSF may be able to help you.
Applications are no longer being accepted.
The deadline for financial aid applications was January 2, 2011.
If you are applying for financial aid to assist with the conference registration, you should not fill in the conference register form. All approved financial aid applicants who request assistance with the conference registration will be registered by the financial aid coordinators.
- Financial aid is available for the conference registration, a hotel room, travel expenses and a limited number of tutorials.
- No other costs (food, etc.) can be covered by PSF Grant awards.
- All expenses MUST be documented for reimbursement to be made.
- Financial aid recipients requesting hotel assistance will be required to participate in the room-share program at the conference hotel. Information will be provided to accepted applicants.
The Financial Aid Coordinator and the PSF's Conference Committee will review the applications and allocate financial aid to a subset of the applicants. You should be notified of the status of your application by January 9, 2011.
We will try to maximize the benefit of the financial aid. For example, three people who need small amounts are more likely to be funded than one person who needs a large amount. To improve your chances, you should request the minimum amount you need to attend PyCon, and support your request with evidence that your presence will benefit PyCon and the Python community. In other words, make your application as attractive as possible.
- Hotel room vouchers (No-cash-value vouchers, accepted by the hotel) will be issued for approved hotel room coverage. The rooms themselves will be guaranteed by PyCon itself.